Saturday, September 29, 2012

Passions...


Otherwise known as, things I wish I had time for and maybe will once I'm out of school?? In no particular order, just how they come to mind.
  • I want to learn how to play the sax... Well, better. Taught myself a few years ago and didn't keep with it. I have absolutely no muscle tone in my jaw to play reed instruments anymore :/
  • Learn how to play the piano. Probably my number one! Well, tied with learning Spanish and German...
  • Learn German. My husband is fluent and I would love to be able to take part in teaching our future children. Also some of his family doesn't know English and it would be so much easier to get to know them if I didn't have to have everything interpreted. 
  • Learn Spanish - I live in Texas. It would make my life and other's lives so much easier!
  • Pick up the clarinet, again. Was first chair for most of my school career and then stopped to play tennis.
  • Play some jazz
  • Finally learn how to use my computer and compile my own versions of said jazz music (see above) with my newly acquired piano, clarinet and sax skills
  • Play competitive tennis again
  • Figure out that whole knitting thing. My mother-in-law attempted to teach me, but I kept forgetting key parts!
  • Be an RN. And a good one, at that.
  • Get a master's in nutrition?
  • Paint. All the time. Perhaps naked and on the balcony of a white southern mansion circa 1945. Oh, wait, that's a scene from the Notebook. But really, I do love to paint. It's too bad I don't have much talent for it.
  • Maybe draw a little, too.
  • Listen to NPR Science Friday. All day, every Friday.
  • Finally get on all those ideas for books. And FINISH them!
  • Travel. Anywhere. Everywhere.
  • Visit my friends in other cities, states and countries. 
  • Read all sacred religious texts. Read most of the bible (the new unerring word of god, not the old one that used to be the unerrant word of god, but we changed our minds...), but there is so much more to see! It's like a little glimpse into the psyche of different cultures at different points in history. Just fascinating.
  • Read every book in the world. Because you know, that's totally possible. And I'm sure I'd like everyyy single one. (Side Note: Worst books ever and proof I will not like every book ever? The Yearling and Moby Dick. Ew.)
As you can see, my problem is I enjoy doing too many things. How can I fit it all into one lifetime?

Also, when you dabble in everything, you don't end up good at anything! lol. I'm mediocre at best in a select few and mostly suck at everything else. But hey, like my past post said, perfection isn't what matters, enjoyment is!

No comments:

Post a Comment