Saturday, June 9, 2012

Complaining.

Why do I complain so much??
Communication of issues?
Doubtful. I prefer to do that in a more straightforward way, with a discussion on what to do about it or a proposal of a solution I have already thought of.
I just like people to know I'm unhappy, for the sake of it?
In some weird corner of my subconscious I hope to spread the dissatisfaction?
I feel the need for sympathy?
I don't think it's any of these reasons.
All I can safely say (without seeing a therapist regularly...) is that it's unproductive and unnecessary. And if anything, probably makes me think about whatever unhappiness more, worsening my mood.
Would the rant above be considered complaining?? 
Not sure. Let's go with a no on that one...
ANYWAYS. So, today, I boycotted complaining.
It was a disturbingly difficult task.
What does that say about me??
I had to go in "early" for work. 8 am. Now for most people, that's probably average, but usually I'm a 4 to midnight person and of course, it was difficult to fall asleep "so early". So I was tired and grumpy because I don't really like my job that much anyway. (Again, would this be considered a complaint?? Or just stating an opinion?) I work summers and Christmas break at a local Target store for very little money.
I did eventually complain to my husband, but only once! I was mad at myself, when after work, instead of taking a 30 minute power nap before I cleaned the house, worked out, did laundry and got groceries, I took a five hour "nap," waking up just in time for bed. I'm still peeved at myself for that. And then, I'm peeved even more for complaining about it...
HOWEVER, I've decided I'm going to stop grumbling about it and just remain positive. There is always tomorrow! I work at 8 again and I will have another try to get all my chores done. And if I need a nap tomorrow? I'll surely be setting an alarm. 


So tomorrow, no complaining, positive thinking and EVEN if I'm tired I'm going to get my crap done, so help me GodJesusBuddhaZues!

No comments:

Post a Comment